Friday, October 06, 2006

Autumn in Nashville



I just took a short walk outside at work. The sky is the most amazing clear blue, a shade that no picture can do justice. Fall in Middle TN is a nostalgic time for me, as I fell in love and got married this time of year. I grew up in Michigan, which is know for dazzling diplays of fall color. The fall time here is less about sights and more about a feeling. It brings a sense of relief that the blazing heat and humidity have moved on for the year. The haze of summer lifts off the land and off your shoulders. We know that it still stays relatively warm, but your mind still turns to hot chocolate, pumpkin patches, football games and that comforting soft layer of a friendly old sweater.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I definitely share all of those sentiments. It's my favorite time of year.

Anonymous said...

I love fall...the colors and weather make me want to knit! I love being outside, the smell of the falling leaves inspiring exploration - open your eyes and look, instead of the usual routine. I really miss fall - maybe next year I will get a good one. AK has about one day - the leaves here turned yellow one day, and fell off the next. :)