Thursday, August 03, 2006

August Garden update



August is always hard for me in the garden. It just gets so stinking hot, who wants to be rubbing up against prickly leaves and stems? I've managed to keep most everything alive and kicking, in the case of the morning glories, perhaps too alive. The greens are going crazy, but not a flower in sight. My mom says I over-fertilized them, so they've been cut off in hopes of a bloom or two. The butterflies and chickadees just adore the Zinnias... they were probably the biggest bang for the buck in the garden this year.

UPDATE: August 4, 2006... 2 blooms spotted in the morning glories!

2 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I showed my mom and she's jealous.

Sarah W. said...

You're garden is so nice! I guess there were no plants when we were down there in April or May or whenever that was?