Thursday, May 04, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

This post is a requirement of my involvement in Secret Pal 8. Check it out here

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm a big fan of wool, alpaca, cotton. What I don't look are the yarns that feel hot and sticky, like chenille and those fluffy acrylic yarns
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a Lantern Moon fabric needle holder.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since January 2005. I consider myself an ambitious beginner - As in I taught myself cables and am scared to knit a garment so I have WAY too many bags and scarves. I like following a pattern and learn new things.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=cm_gft_sub_wl/102-8274724-1441751?%5Fencoding=UTF8
sephora: http://www.sephora.com/giftregistry/index.jhtml
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
citrus, mango, vanilla, fig,
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I am especially fond of chocolate, the darker the better. And I love truffles
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
My two main loves are gardening and knitting. I have a sewing machine. I've made glycerin soap, mosaic, photo collages. No spinning.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like James Taylor, Wilco, old country, Van Morrison, bluegrass, Pat Green...but please don't burn me a cd. Where I work I promote the idea that music is property every day, and I believe in it very strongly.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like strong colors like green, blue, yellow, orange, red, purple. Dislike mauve, fushia, peach.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my husband and our labrador, Sadie.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
all but the poncho
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
bags and purses
13. What are you knitting right now?
Mason-Dixon Ball Band dishrag and a mohair scarf.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Really, the only thing I can't stand are those 14 inch aluminum needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
neither
17. How did you learn to knit?
I took a class
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
1 week.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Fourth of July
20. Is there anything that you collect?
interesting fabrics, perennial plants
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have been coveting the Noni bag patterns. They are so enchanting.
I usually buy what looks interesting at the newsstand, no knitting magazine subscriptions.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
socks.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
see above. Foot measurements???? well, I wear a size 9 1/2
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
02/22

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

question 20. I love perennials, too, We will have to share. I have a beautiful peach day lily that I got when we lived in BG the first time and I have transplanted it all over Ky. Jennifer's Mom