Friday, May 19, 2006

rub a dub rug


See the giant cone of cotton? See those stacked up corners? It can only mean one thing... I've been bit by the Mason-Dixon log cabin bug. I was inspired by the bath mats they made in the book, only I decided I would make one and sew a backing on. I'm thinking possibly chenille. I'm not intimidated by going into a project somewhat blind. I'll knit until I get it big enough and then go see what kind of fabric fun I can get into. If you haven't picked up the MD book yet, you should. It is snort out loud funny and has amazing patterns. If you have a non-knitter in your life that you are trying to convert, show them this book and they will wonder why they haven't picked up the needles. Not to mention they rely heavily on yarns like my cone of cotton over there that don't cost an arm, leg and 3 months worth of plasma.

4 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I think we're all becoming members of a M-D cult & may end up with M-D tats.

Sarah W. said...

Will you put something non-skid on the back as well? It looked great!

Jennifer Coomer said...

Saturday evening I was thinking about how all four of us were working on something from Mason-Dixon at your house.

Katie said...

It looks great! And you're right--that MD bug is definitely contagious!