Tuesday, April 25, 2006

things left undone

It has been bothering me lately that I have two unfinished knitting projects. They are both purses, both bound off. They are waiting to be lined and handles attached. I even have in my possesion the perfect Amy Butler fabric and bamboo handles for the cute little cabled number knit out of Lamb's Pride Bulky in Seafoam. It truly is precious. Why haven't I finished it? I tell you, it has alot to do with the fact that a sewing machine is so much louder than knitting. You have to be in the mood to sew. Its not really relaxing. My shoulders even tense up and my lips purse (who needs a hobby than encourages fine lines and wrinkles?) Plus I am sure I will have to set up the ironing board and iron to press the seams. Drat. In reality If I had just up and sewn this darn lining, I could have been done with this purse and be swinging it off my wrist for all to admire eons ago. Now I am on the verge of a bulk knit cable purse looking out of season!

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Maybe we need a "Get that project finsihed!" day at your house. Like our Old Fashioned Tax Return parties. We'll take breaks to play that crazy video game of yours. I can ooo and aww over your cables knits to spur you on. Does spur have two R's? Spurr?